Just starting to look at eBIAB. Halp.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PoorBoy

All Around Nice Guy
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
So, after 20 years of being a Sailor, and 7 years brewing (4 AG BIAB), I've finally landed at my forever home. I am still on propane, but looking at a simple 120v BIAB set-up that could still accommodate 10g brews (top-up water is ok). I have a 62 qt SS pot/basket.
would this heater coupled with (20A version) be enough to get me up and running?

You will have serious trouble trying to boil 11-13 gal for a 10 gal batch with a single 120V heating element. You are much better off using a 240V 5500W ULWD element, or 2X 120V 2000 - 2250W elements (which will require two separate 20A circuits.) The Blichmann "10 Gallon" 120V element is intended for a 10 gal pot, not boiling 10+ gal.

Brew on :mug:

I was worried about that. Tough to be cheap AND lazy. I'll see what it takes to run 240 to my garage. Because who only brews 5g at a time?

I was worried about that. Tough to be cheap AND lazy. I'll see what it takes to run 240 to my garage. Because who only brews 5g at a time?

I do just about every weekend. I don't drink like a sailor (unless you compare me to my friends)

Back