Just playing around for a spring time beer looking for feed back

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ehpower2

Reaction score
dunkel prototype.jpg
Created this recipe based off of the style guidelines just curious what people think... I think it would be rather interesting to brew this spring

Lose the smoked malt and use chocolate wheat instead of Briess chocolate. Then it will be better. I wouldn't mind the carawheat or Special B personally but I can see his point too. Use what you like. But I really would not use smoked.

5 specialty Malts is a lot for one beer. I like to combine a couple of base malts and one or two of the specialty grains if you want complexity. I’m not saying it’s not going to be good. I just think if you brew this version, then brew it again taking out one or two specialty malts, your going to like the one with less, better. You could also do it the opposite way, and start with a smash beer and build up from there. Keep throwing things in one at a time and see which version you like the best. It may take a bunch of batches to nail down something you really like, but that’s just more brewing and more drinking. All good stuff, you will probably be surprised at how good the smash beer with just the extract and Pilsner can be. If you have the ability to do split batches that could save some time. You could split a 5 gallon batch into 5 2 gallon buckets, steep and boil the specialty grains separately and add a different one, or combination to each bucket.

Last edited:
Back