Just Ordered Midwest Supplies Starter Plus Kit with a Better Bottle

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jvotava91

Reaction score
I am super excited to start brewing. I ordered my kit yesterday with the Amber Ale beer kit. Hopefully it turns out pretty tastey!!

I am super excited to start brewing. I ordered my kit yesterday with the Amber Ale beer kit. Hopefully it turns out pretty tastey!!

If you can follow their instructions (pretty easy as I recall) it will be tasty. Try to keep the fermenter cool during at least the first 3 days. I'd prefer to have it fermenting in the low 60's because that cuts out a lot of the bad flavors.

I see that you got a better bottle with your kit. For this beer, just leave it in the primary until it is time to bottle (2 or better yet 3 weeks) and then use your hydrometer to make sure it is in the range for FG that Midwest specifies.:mug:

Good luck and remember to have fun.

A few beginner tips...
1) Buy an auto syphon if your kit didn't come with it
2) Buy a no rinse sanitizer like starsan
3) Sanitize anything that will touch the wort after boil
4) When fermenting make sure to keep the beer temp in the range of the yeast not your ambient temp. Beer temp can be 10* higher than ambient temp during a good fermentation

Welcome! Added beginner tip....

Focus on the sanitation process (think bordering on obsessive) and you will ingrain the process into your brain and then subsequent brews will be much easier and less stressful.

Back