Just opened a beer from my 5th batch

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mparmer

Reaction score
Well, I've just got to tell you guy's, I've just opened a beer from my 5th batch and it is friggin delicious. I had all sorts of questions when I first began and you guy's took the time to answer those and it really helped me, I was able to improve my processes, do better with my selections and while I know I have many miles yet to travel as a brewer, I am very pleased with what I'm tasting. I may be a noobie as a brewer, but I've been tasting various type of beer for 20 years and I know what a good beer tastes like. I cannot believe what I just drank (buzzing too)... Guy's that have just started? Read, learn, keep trying. This is the freaking most fun hobby... Thanks all!!!!:rockin:

After my second batch was a success and tasted amazing to me on Saturday I was buzzing all weekend and I still am. It's such a good feeling when you think to yourself. Hey I made this!!! My first 5 gallon batch is this weekend after two Mr Beer batches. One of them was my own receipe.

Glad to hear this. I can only imagine. I've been very disappointed with all the beers I have made, and now that I have been reading and learning, I know why. Even the first smell was disappointing. I can't wait to take the first mouthful of a successful beer! At least my wine is good ... :)

applause.gif

If I judged myself on homebrewing from my very first try, I would have given up. They kept getting better with every batch. Reading this forum is the best thing I've done to my brewing process.

I have to jump in with a 'me too'.

I just started brewing, extract only so far, after an absence of a few years. My gf and I have been elated with the results, and have very little use for the generic canoe beer after only a few batches!

Starting slow - a Cooper's Draught, Munton's Pilsner and a Cooper's Nut Brown. Currently have a Brewer's Spring Lager (ok, not really a lager, but y'know) in the primary!

Keep it up, I had been brewing off and on for several years, but only got around to brewing regularly and making the switch to all grain about two months ago. I finally hit paydirt with an AG beer (after several "blah" batches, including a few possible infections), unfortunately I didn't take much in the way of notes, but I think it was a riff on Biermuncher's SNPA session clone (came out a little stronger and i dry-hopped with centennial), it's kegged and force carbing as we speak, but it's already so f'ing tasty that I couldn't keep from having several pints while playing some poker tonight. Hopefully it will at least make it through the weekend.

I started with a "True Brew" nut brown ale, which was pretty good, then went with Midwest kits - Autumn Ale, Porter, Irish Red, Liberty Cream, and Big Ben (still Conditioning in bottles). Now I have NB Phatt Tyre clone in the fermenter and NB Scottish 80, Nut Brown, and Dry Irish Stout on deck. The Autumn Ale fermented too hot and then I was too impatient in drinking it so it wasn't very good (i.e. my fault, I'm sure the kit was fine and I'm gonna try it again). But the one I first tried last night since it has had it's 3 weeks at 70 was the Liberty Cream Ale. Funny thing was it was the one I figured I'd like the least but (I generally like beers on the darker side) but wow, this one was great. Great carbonation, flavor, the whole nine yards. My plan is to try a round of AHB kits after I finish the NB kits, continue to hone my skills as I slowly collect up the equip to go AG. Thanks again!

I have been very happy with my resuls so far, too. My first two batches were kits from Listermnn's (American IPA and English Brown Ale), and turned out very well. Everyone who has tried them has been impressed. This site along with the Papazian and Palmer books have been great resources for me.

My third batch just was put into the primary last night, and is a recipe out of the Papazian book with a few changes.

Looking forward to continuing this journey....

Back