just moved to gilbert

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fractional

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
so i just moved to Gilbert from Seattle 3 weeks ago i finally got my stuff unpacked and i am concerned about the water. How do others in the area take care of the water issue down here. any advice? should i just go buy an ro filter for the garage?

I moved to queen creek about a year ago. The water is so mineralized I just put in an RO system and love it. Put it in the kitchen. Hooked the fridge up to it too. I just fill a bucket and carry it out to the kettle. Then I add brewing salts to the mash.

P.S I'm also looking for fellow brewers to brew or catch beers with

Fiancé is from Gilbert. I found a nice little homebrew shop on baseline rd I think when I was up there for Christmas. Good luck on the water. I hope to move out there someday.

I like all beer but if I had to choose my favorite beer is hefeweizen. I'm currently sucking a Belgian homebrew. Galaxy hops are sweet in a tropical pale ale at flameout. Good for pineapple aroma. Are you doing extract or all grain?

Eric

Haven't been there. Just Googled it and realized it's only half a block out of my way home from work. Gonna have to check it out some time.

Ok. Probably weekend. Gonna brew a porter this weekend. With coffee and cherry flavor

Hopefully we will get some rain tomorrow boys. I am usually forced to go out downtown for some cool restaurants with a lot of good taps. Gonna have to check out this one in Gilbert you speak of....

Gonna bottle my first batch this weekend. Transfer my stout yo secondary. Go Devils.

Hey guys, I'm from Gilbert too! I used to brew about 20 years ago but I'm getting back into it in a big way. I just bought a used kegerator with temp control and I'm going to use it as my fermentation chamber/keg server. I'm very excited since it's been so long. I also purchased a couple of pin lock 5 gallon kegs, no bottling for me! I ordered the "American Wheat Ale" from Northern Brewer since the wife likes heffeweisens. I figured I'd make the little lady's beer first as it's best to keep mama happy!

Good luck with your brewing!

Hi!! I'm down in Tucson, and the tap water here is barely drinkable (odd smell, and doesn't taste that great). I usually just get the gallon or 2.5 gallon containers of drinking water from the grocery store. Makes for a pretty good mead.

Adam

I live real close to HOB also. Did you guys ever meet up there or anywhere closeby?

I'll be kegging 10g of an IPA this Thurs. and will be brewing again in the next couple weeks.

Hey. I'm right on the border of Chandler and Gilbert. Good to see the are some fellow brewers out here. I mainly brew cider, but dabble in mead, ceyser, and fruit wine here or there. My buddy does the beer, but I help him with his beer sometimes and enjoy the beers n bros time. Glad to meet you all.

I am new in Gilbert from San Diego and am Looking for others to Brew, chill and drink with. PM Me...

Back