Just kegged my honey wheat!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kadmium

Reaction score
Very happy with the results. 8 days in primary and about 14 in secondary. Just kegged it about 10 mins ago. I am very pleased with the results. It was a recipy I made up for SWMBO. It is VERY sweet. Only used about 3/4oz of hops for the entire 5 gallon batch. I am thinking of adding a hop tea to the keg before I carb it (its chilling as we speak) because it has a massive honey taste. The recipe is as follows

4.5 pounds Light DME
1.25pounds pure Dry wheat extract
3.25 pounds Floral honey
3/4oz tettnanger @30 mins

Generic Dry American wheat yeast

It has produced a very sweet, cloudy beer. I can really taste the tet hops aroma/flavour, but hardly any hop bitterness... which is kinda annoying! But hey, its for SWMBO. Had an OG of 1.062 dont know about FG yet, have not measured it yet. But I do know its very sweet with h0oney, a slightly crisp taste behind it. It should be nice! I cant wait for it to chill and carb, as chilled 'n' carbed will inhibit some of the strong honey flavour. Its going to be fantastic!!

:mug:

Latest posts

Back