Just installed a beer tower fan. Few questions.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Keb

Reaction score
So I finally installed a fan box with a tube running up into the tower to cool it. Works great! Very happy to fix that first pour issue. Now onto a few questions for others who are experienced on this setup...

1) I noticed now my tower is always condensating on the outside. Is this normal? It's a plastic chrome 2.5" tower. It doesn't bother me, I just want to make sure I'm not wasting alot of energy or something. I understand cold object in hot room.

2) I can hear the fan from outside the kegerator. Again this doesn't really bother me, just wondering if other people are experiencing this and is there an easy fix without adjusting fan speed via power or resistance that I am just not thinking of.

3) How far do you run the tube up your tower? I have mine about an inch maybe two from the top. I didn't actually have to secure it because it's wedged in there tight with the beer line and foam installation.

4) Power cord. I have it running out the bottom of the door on the hinge side which is against a wall. The cord is so small I'm pretty sure it's not compromising the seal as I can't feel any cold air when feeling around with the door closed. Anyone else do this? Thoughts? I don't have a drain hole.

Well any comments are appreciated. Thanks all!

Back