just how bad of an idea is this?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

boogiesnap

Reaction score
brewed an extract clone of ballantine xxx ale. primary for 1 week, secondary(hopped), coming up 1 week tomorrow.

question...force carb in a corny tomorrow and serve sunday?

i know, i know...bad idea. but just HOW bad?

this was my first brew so i'm not expecting gold or anything. i have another, more to my liking in the primary, which i think i'll let sit for longer than the 1 week the recipe calls for, before racking into secondary.

How bad does the beer taste? That's how bad it will be when carbonated. ;)

You will have a tough time blowing up a corny, so I wouldn't worry about that. Set your regulator to about 30 PSI and your beer will be carbed in 36 to 48 hours. Your bigger concerns will be that it will be cloudy as sin because none of the sediment will have settled out by then, plus the fresh hop oils from dry hopping.

It won't be your best brew ever, but you'll at least have cold, carbonated(ish) beer by Sunday.

I love the title of the post. I was hoping to see a picture of someone putting a fork into a 110v socket, but as long as I'm here, my 2 cents: if you are desperate to have beer by Sunday, do it. If you want to taste your beer at its best, put it in your kegerator at 12psi for at least a week if not two. This is coming from a guy who just could not wait and used to force carb everything (me).

That's why I'm always working on new ideas to streamline the bottling process. Making it quicker & easier makes it more enjoyable. Plus I can't shortcut myself force carbing. It helps one to be patient.

Back