Just got back from Portland

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MTpilot

Reaction score
I decided to keep a beer log on my phone while I was there. Here it is un-edited.

Sunday:
Union Jack IPA from Kayla
Homebrew singlemalt ipa
Longhammer IPA - rock pile
Firestone Walker DBA

Monday:
Blackwatch cream porter. Mac's on plane
Lagunitas IPA - draught @ doug fir
Rouge RIS
Spruce gin
Dark rum
Hazelnut spiced rum
Deschutes Hop Henge
C-note Imperial pale @ New Old Lompoc's.
1/2 zach's Lompocs barley wine.
Another lagunitas IPA x 2
PBR @ the show x 1,2,3
Wheihards blueboar @ zack's. Sogood. Going to bed now

Tuesday:
Sampler @ mcmennamins
Rogue taster after the tour. 1981, sesqui..., IIPA, oaked quad frog
West Coast IPA x2 @ local ocean
Ninkasi total domination IPA @ cafe mundo
Great White from ? @ mundo

Wednesday:
Imperial Pilsner @ rogue public house
Hop Frog Brown IPA from Issaquah
Mouton rouge @ cascade brewing
Gold Yeller @ cascade
Boddingtons @ Biddy McGraws
Bridgeport IPA @ Biddy's x2
Hite "pitcher" from pan-asian supermarket from Korea

Thursday:
Workhorse IPA @ Laurelwood Publichouse
Dog Day IPA @ lucky labrador
Old yeller barley wine @ LL 1/4 pint ,
Impale Ale @ Amnesia
Copacetic IPA @ amnesia
Homo Erectus IIPA @ Concordia
Apex from Bear Republic @ Concordia
Tsunami Staout and Brutal Bitter in detention @ Mcmenamins Kennedy elementary school
IPA from McMenamins @ the Kennedy school
Wheinhards's Blueboar @ Zack's

Friday:
Hopworks IPA @ hub
2004 Bigfoot BW from Sierra Nevada
2005 Mirror Mirror from Deschutes
2006 Grand Cru from Pelican
2007 KGB from Widmer
2007 Epic barrel-aged from Roots
2008 Black Peter from Rock Bottom
Wreck the Halls @ Full Sail McCormicks
Full Sail IIPA @ Full Sail
Woody IPA @/from Roots
Island Red @/ Roots
Got Hops? From@ Lucky Lab Public Hous
Super Dog from@/ "
Blue Boar bttl in Hotel

Saturday:
Hopmonkey IPA @ airport Laurelwood
Mac's Blackwatch on Plane
First taste of Juniper Pale of the kegerator that was carbonating while I was gone.

and a little explanation.

I started the list Sunday because we were supposed to leave that night when I got off work. So it was more of a total vacation list rather than just in Oregon. Hence, the presence of homebrew and the Firestone Walker that a co-worker had just brought me back from San Fransisco. Problems with our reservation prevented us from leaving until Monday morning.

That first beer on Monday was at about 8 am on the plane from Billings-Seattle. You have to love flying on Horizon/Alaska just for the complimentary beer. They only feature one beer per month but they have good taste. Last month was Racer 5.

I added the booze on the list simply because it's my list and I wanted them on there. They were our samples after the distillery tour at Rogue Public House in downtown Portland.

Zack is my friend we were staying with.

Tuesday we headed to the coast with my parents. Visited Rogue world headquarters. And Local Ocean is the best seafood restaurant in Newport according to all the locals.

On Friday, all the vintage beers were at the Barley Wine and Big Beer Festaroon at Lucky Labrador Beer Hall in Portland. We had extended our stay just so we could visit this one.

Now it's Sunday morning and we're back home to the reality of work, snow, and poor beer selections.

Quite a list. Probably more beer than I drink in a month.

Great White is from Lost Coast.

Had me confused for a minute until I realized you meant Portland, OR--both Portlands are big beer cities, but I tend to think of Maine first because of it's importance in the history of microbrewing with Geary's being the oldest microbrewery east of the Mississippi and the oldest British-style microbrewery in the country (and the current prominence of Allagash and others, and of the Great Lost Bear as one of the premier beer bars in the world).

But definitely a cool log!

what did you think of the Blackwatch?

I keep hoping that they'd put out Haystack Black again.
Until they do, I have a clone recipe and AHS has a pretty good version of it for sale.

That beer/pub tour sounds like my last six months while on contract in PDX.

I need a homesick smiley now.

Glad to see Rogue has Charlie 1981 back, hopefully, it will arrive in Eugene shortly.

Had me confused for a minute until I realized you meant Portland, OR--both Portlands are big beer cities, but I tend to think of Maine first because of it's importance in the history of microbrewing with Geary's being the oldest microbrewery east of the Mississippi and the oldest British-style microbrewery in the country (and the current prominence of Allagash and others, and of the Great Lost Bear as one of the premier beer bars in the world).

But definitely a cool log!

Portland fight!:rockin:

More craft breweries and more more craft brew consumed in Portland, OR than any other city in the US. No lobsta here, though.

Sounds like I need to get across the country to expand my knowledge;)

Back