Greetings from the Pacific Northwest!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NateLTB

Reaction score
Hello my fellow beer lovers! My name is Nate and I just started homebrewing a couple of months ago. I've been an avid beer drinker for the last six or seven years and enjoy pretty much all styles except for Belgians (too sweet for my taste).
I lived in Portland, Oregon for a few years and that really increased my love of craft beers. I tried to visit the Deschutes, Rogue, Roots, Lucky Lab, Bridgeport and McMenamins breweries / brewpubs as often as possible. I have attended the Portland Brewer's Festival for the last five years and will be attending again this year.
I am kicking myself for not starting to brew my own beers years ago. I had no idea how much fun it really is. I've been lurking on this message board for a few weeks now and finally decided to start an account and just say thanks to everybody out there that has posted something helpful. I have learned so much just from visiting this site every few days.

Cheers!

Welcome from Bellevue!

Hey jholen! My girlfriend lives in Bothell so I'm up in your neck of the woods a couple times a month.

Welcome from Sequim. Brewing for a year. Big fan of Silver City brews. Mirror Pond fresh hop.

How's it going Josh? I love the Mirror Pond fresh hop as well as most of Deschutes other beers. Really loving the Red Chair NWPA lately and just brewed a clone of it last weekend. Two out of my first three beers are Deschutes clones.

Nate, sounds like you and I are in the same boat. I started brewing in March 2011. I love all beers, but I find belgians too...,sour maybe? I've only brewed one clone, Irish Red, but usually try to create my own recipes. I'm a cook by hobby. Started as a scotch ale fan but since I started brewing I stared to appreciate the hop. Now, I'm working on a good cascadian dark ale. Malty and IPA hoppy at the same time. The woman loves my summer ale, Sam Adams knockoff. Pilsen malt extract, dry malt extract, amarillo and citra hops, paradise seeds, and sweet orange peel. 33 ibus, 7.6 abv.

I swear there are almost as many brewers up here as there are in half of the other states combined... Welcome!

Another welcome from Puyallup! Nate how is the Portland Brewers Festival? Is it worth the drive down?

The Brewers Festival is indeed worth the trip. I would recommend going on Friday if at all possible. The lines are short and all of the kegs are full. By Saturday afternoon some of the more popular beers will run out and be replaced with other beers. I try to make it both days but I usually drink more beer with less hassle on the Fridays.

Good to see so many Washington homebrewers!

Latest posts

Back