Just go with the Perlick's...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

marcycaulkins

Reaction score
When I started kegging (less than 1 year ago), I bought a system from keg connection (very happy with them, this is not a thread to ***** about them in any way). Since 4 keg set-ups don't come cheap, I opted not to upgrade to the Perlick faucets at the time of the purchase, figuring I'd get them in a couple years when I felt like upgrading. MISTAKE!!! We let the kegerator sit untouched for a over a week a few weeks ago, and one of my taps stuck so badly that I broke the tap handle trying to close the faucet (ended up having to open my keezer and disconnect the keg to stop it), and now those 4 crappy faucets are in the trash, and I've got 4 shiny new perlicks that I love.

The moral of the story, just upgrade from the start. I wish I did.

Yeah, the cheap ones only work well in a bar setting where they are used several times a day.

Even the Perlicks will get a wee bit sticky after a week or so if you have a high FG beer and don't clean out the nozzle after the last pour. I have a spray bottle of Star*San that I keep in the kegerator so if it's been a while, I just spray a pump or two up into each nozzle and let it sit a minute or two before the first pour.

My cheap faucets always had a tendency to stick if I left them for a couple days, and even scrubbing them with star san regularly didn't seem to help much. So happy they are gone!

i flush mine w hot water and they unstick fine. i use the pullout sprayer on my sink. perlicks are worth the money, but i've had my cheap ones for like 12 years...

Back