Just finished my first Cider!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

twgardner2

Reaction score
Well, almost...I plan on pasteurizing this weekend, then I'll be done.

I was totally shocked that it actually tastes good. I've read a lot about cider (mostly on this forum) and I didn't expect it to taste good yet (if ever). This cider spent about 4.5 months in primary and secondary, but has only been bottled for 4 days. I back-sweetened with the original apple juice to an estimated final SG of 1.007. To my surprise, it is already well on its way to being fully-carbonated. I think I will pasteurize this weekend. I'm concerned about putting pressurized bottles in hot water, so I don't want to wait too long.

Tasting the first one and being happy with the result was one of those motivating moments. Basically the opposite of when a beer turns out badly and you feel totally demotivated.

now you can give some as gifts to serve as incentives for the napoletano garbage collection syndicate to collect your bins.
Zing! take that mafia!! you've been zinged on hbt!
congrats with your success. i opened a 750 of last november's cider this week to assist with racking, and was similarly smug

Dinnerstick-

You might want to watch your back after such a high-profile zing of the Cammora! ;)

Back