Just bought Perlick 525SS Faucet Shank Combo w/ Knob $25ea

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jetmac

Reaction score
I had to post what I think is a good price for Perlick 525SS combo kit.

I bought a couple of these from The Beverage Factory. Facuet, shank and knob.

Have any of you guys ordered from them? Are they a good company to deal with? Will I be unhappy?

Did I get the right faucet or is this a knockoff?

Just did a search on them and they don't have that many good reviews.
That looks like a really good price though, maybe a typo?

EDIT: checked e-bay and this same company is selling this item for $49.95 and the shank is not stainless. For the stainless shank version its $62.95

EDIT: checked e-bay and this same company is selling this item for $49.95 and the shank is not stainless. For the stainless shank version its $62.95

I know that's what has me concerned. Well I will prolly find out after they open in an hour.

I ordered these and they shipped them but I haven't received them yet. When I called to ask, they had no idea what I was talking about with the $25 combo. I think it's a pricing error on their site, but they seem to be honoring the orders. I'll let you know how mine look when I get them, they should come Wednesday.

This is an unbelievably good deal. Focus on the unbelievable part. Are they actually shipping the current 525SS with this stuff? For the faucet alone, that's cheaper than I can get it locally.

I couldn't pass up on the chance. I hope this turns out to be what's advertised: 525SS faucet, shank, handle. My fear is that they intend to ship all the pieces except the faucet.

DANG that's a good price!
Cheaper than the standard, non-stainless faucets I was considering.

Because of the weird way the title of the product is worded I'm really worried that this will end up being just the shank assembly and not include the faucet... :(

But at this price it's worth taking the chance. Ordered 4 for the keezer I'm working on.
If I actually get the faucet and shank assembly, this is about 1/2 the price I can find it for locally.
If it's just the shank assembly, I'll just return it.

Thanks for posting!
I hope it works out for everyone! :mug:

When I called today, again the guy had no idea what I was talking about. When I sent him the link, he said it was an old page and had no idea how I found it. He said if I ordered them they would call and cancel my order. Please post of they honor that pakage price.

Same thing happened to me when I called. Guy thought I was crazy, didn't believe me and told me if it was in my cart then "why didn't I just buy it already". I also tried to give him the link, but he was too stupid to type it in correctly, furthering his disbelief.

Anyways, don't worry guys. This does come with the faucet. I started a thread on this about a week ago. Once my order changed to processed, they itemized the list. It now shows the original $25 combo, a faucet for $0, a shank for $0 and an item number KD C186 with no description for $0. No idea what that is, possibly the handle?

I will confirm when I receive my shipment. Glad I got in on this when I did, BF might be slow and stupid but they'll figure it out eventually.

Just ordered 2 for the jockey box I'm making. Shank's a little long, but I suppose I can cut it off if it's a problem. Price was definitely right for something like this project! If I were making a keezer or a kegerator I might shop a little further, but for a jockey box? Score!

I just ordered these as well. Hope it comes through!! This price is cheaper than the Perlicks alone!

xsists said:
I just ordered these as well. Hope it comes through!! This price is cheaper than the Perlicks alone!

At some point, I assume the item is just going to disappear from their website. I'm surprised it hasn't already.

Now that people here are starting to notice and orders are rolling in, that will probably happen pretty soon. Good luck with your order! Once again, when my shipment arrives this week I will be sure to come back and let everyone know how it turned out.

Ordered 2 for myself as well (jump start keezer project), really hoping I got in before they kill this off.

Ooooh! Drama!
popcorn.gif

Can't wait to see how this turns out!

Cheers! ;)

Ooooh! Drama!
popcorn.gif

Can't wait to see how this turns out!

Cheers! ;)

I wish I had the money ready to go now.... but seems like they are not even bothering to look into it with 3 (I think) people already checking if it was correct and their response basically being "thats way to cheap, you must be wrong"

I've used Beverage Factory to order my Taprite regulator and everything went well. I wouldn't worry.

I ordered 4 of these last week when blackbear first posted the link. They shipped the next day and I should have them tomorrow. I'll report back and let you know how they look.

I ordered 4 of these last week when blackbear first posted the link. They shipped the next day and I should have them tomorrow. I'll report back and let you know how they look.

Ya, man...let us know. I ordered a day or two before you but you're way closer to them than I am so mine won't be here until Wednesday :mad:

Stop calling, dudes!
The first rule of slick deals is never call!!!

A lot of times the guys in the shipping departments don't know what things should cost, so mistakes can stay in the system for a long time before someone in management catches on. Calling just alerts them to a potential problem and can sometimes get orders canceled.

My order is still pending, but if it ships I should get it pretty quickly since I live in the same State.
I'll post pics & other info as soon as I can get it.

I believe the ADD TO CART button has been taken off, as well as the price now says $0.00 with no regular price item...

Must have missed this deal... I hope they fill the orders

I really hope they fill these last orders.

And berkeleyjack is right. All the calling and attention to the deal is what busted it.

Nice....got in before it got taken down!

We will see if they honor it though.

They have wording in the receipt that gives them the option to cancel any order for any reason. I hope they go through, but I am doubting it.

I just got an order confirmed on my order but it says they are on backorder. Chances are they flagged the orders and "backordered" them and will eventually cancel the orders. Shoot, I'd take just the faucets for $25 each.

Stop calling, dudes!
The first rule of slick deals is never call!!!

A lot of times the guys in the shipping departments don't know what things should cost, so mistakes can stay in the system for a long time before someone in management catches on. Calling just alerts them to a potential problem and can sometimes get orders canceled.

Too true. I'm wishing I had put in my order on friday before the call instead of later when I was horrified to find out someone called, since I was researching to see if they were any different than the normal faucet kits.

I just got an order confirmed on my order but it says they are on backorder. Chances are they flagged the orders and "backordered" them and will eventually cancel the orders. Shoot, I'd take just the faucets for $25 each.

Same here.

My goal of calling was not to get it shut down or flagged, I just don't have 100 dollars to be floating around. They can take the money right away but it takes 7 to 14 days to return to your bank account. They would have found out any way when a sku that has not been used in awhile starts getting orders like crazy. My order also says back ordered but it shows an itemized list.

That's a bummer. Well, if you look up the faucets and shanks separately, they are both in stock. Obviously, the cat is out of the bag at this point so it can't hurt to call. I'd call and innocently ask what the problem is. How could the combo be backordered if both the components are in stock? :p

http://www.beveragefactory.com/draftbeer/faucets/faucets/525ss_perl_faucet.shtml
http://www.beveragefactory.com/draftbeer/faucets/shanks/SHANK4.shtml

When I looked it was still in stock but the price was removed and there was no way to add it to cart ;)

I did a lot of research and decided to buy a Kegco Standard Door Mount Kegerator Keg Tap Conversion Kit and 5lb tank from them for a $158 few years ago. They were the best price I found. I hope the company didn't go downhill since then.

Latest posts

Back