Just bitter tasting

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello All,
I am a new brewer and i recently brewed a kit from Northern Brewer,
http://www.northernbrewer.com/documentation/beerkits/JamilsEvilTwin.pdfovthis is the recipe from their website, I love hops so I decided to go with this recipt but i added 1oz of Chinook hops at the start of the boil for a little more bittermess because all it talked about was flavor and armoa(Hopbursting). and 1 packet extra of yeast(safale US-05), the wert was in the primary for 10 days and now in the secondary for 10 days(recipe calls for 2-4 weeks in the secondary), i tasted it today and it had no hop aroma or flavor at ALL I mean zero, there was just alot of bitter flavor and not in a real hoppy bitterness just bitter tasting, what did I do wrong, if i leave it the secondary longer will it taste better?
:mad::tank:

Beer in the fermenter and beer that has been bottled for a while are completely different animals. My beers almost always taste no so great right out of the fermenter, but after a month in the bottles, they're great. Just bottle it when your hydrometer says it's done and stable, wait a few weeks or a month or so and you'll be amazed at how much it has improved over your sample out of the fermenter.

Hmm ... I don't have any keg experience, but maybe someone else will chime in?

Back