Jukebox band list

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HomebrewMI

Reaction score
Hey guys, I need some help...I have 2 Tb of harddrive space to fill with all the music I can come up with for the jukebox software thats gonna be touchscreen in my bar once it's done. So, I was hoping to get a list together on here of as many artists from every genre that we can come up with. Whatcha got?

I own my own dj business and went digital a couple of years ago. I carry a 250 GB hard drive with about 30,000 songs on it to every gig. 2 TB is insane, you could spend years filling that thing up.

I say put what you like on it, put some of the classics, and periodically add to it.

Which software are you using?

To be fair, what format are you using for your music? And what are you using to convert them or are you downloading all of this?

If you are ripping them, what program are you using and at what rate are you ripping them?

A guy I know bought a DJ service and it came with like 80,000 songs and fits on about 80GB. Plus some karaoke, but well under 100 GB. Now there is plenty of music that he don't got, but I could never see getting but a fraction of that TB drive filled!

You need to start saving movies!

I say if you got more than 1 drive, use one for a backup of the other. Redundancy.

FWIW - I think you should search the web for top 100 lists. Look for favorite party music. Hip Hop crap is very popular nowadays. I know nothing about those guys, but the young people are all into it.

Focus on the age of people who frequent your establishment, and post a request list, where people can write down the name of song and artist.

I was going to say what Homercidal did...

Search Rolling Stones "Best 50" lists.. (Classic Rock Bands, Hair Bands, R & B, etc...)
Search iTunes Top Sellers
Search Billboard Charts

etc..

2 TB? You will have fun TRYING to fill that up.

Haha I started doing some math after I started downloading, I'm going through 1 Gb every 70 songs, give or take, so yeah, 2 Tb will be way overkill, BUT, swmbo gave me the go ahead to get the drives, so its my excuse regardless.

I think the more important part will be limiting the music on the box so that patrons can't kill the scene by playing something completely inappropriate. Nothing kills the mood like someone jackass playing garbage on those jukeboxes that can DL any song from the intertubes.

since you are using a touchscreen and jukebox software etc, why not go the extra mile and add video? You can get the actual music videos through a service, or add some ambient video that would play whenever there was not a video already associated with a song.

I have seen some pretty cool ambient services, even some that have hot girly shadow dancers :rockin:

this would up the cool factor X10, plus help you fill up those hard drives

I find, with unlimited storage, and a speedy connection to the not so legal torrent sites, "friends i know" will download a discography, every song ever made by a certain band. So like all 743 cd's released by metallica, or the 945 cd's iron maiden released. This provides all the choices any metallica fan could want, plus if you have all the space, why not. i think that touch tunes also has it;s own website where you can create a playlist from all their music, get a pin number, and play it at the local bar. or the top 100 lists, but i really like discographys, oops, people i know do.

you cant have a pub without some classic pub tunes in the background (or the foreground to sing along to if you're lucky!)

get ahold of a few albums from the dubliners and you will have practically every one of your favorite Irish drinking songs!

SLAINTE!

Back