juice or fruit

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

johns455

Reaction score
I am planning to make my first batch of cranberry wine, it is for my newly found sister, we just found each other on facebook after 35 years of knowing each other was out there, but not knowing each other. Her favorite wine is sweet cranberry, so my question is would you use cranberry juice or would the taste be noticeably better if I used frozen cranberries?

For CB's - Juice. So Easy. 27% cocktail is the perfect blend. No added water!

You may want to check the TA (not the same as pH: pH is a measure of the strength of the acids. TA is a measure of the amount of acids - you can have a little of a strong acid and you can have a lot of a weak acid.. and you can have a lot of a strong acid... etc ) . Cranberries are very acidic and so when you ferment out most or all of the sugar there is nothing to balance the amount of acids in the berries. The commercially made "cocktails" are presumably made to balance the acidity of the cranberries with the sweetness of the added fruit...but you are going to be removing the sugar.

Latest posts

Back