jokey box

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mgerton13

Reaction score
Obviously the standard for jockey boxes is either a stainless coil, or cold plate. Considerring the cooler is full of ice anyway, would you really lose anything by going cheaper and running 25 or 50 feet of regular beer line instead?

My Guess would be less efficient heat transfer between the metal and the pvc tubing.

It would then Require a longer run to cool the beer to desired temp,creating less space for ice.

I do not know how much of a difference it would make IW if it only required like 10 more feet totally worth the cost but if you had to get like a extra 25' may not be worth the space that takes up.

I think it would be a significant difference since the tubing walls for beer line are a lot thicker than SS coil.

It would be interesting to see if you were able to get down to your desired serving temp at a constant pour.

Back