Joining the fray from Rochester NY

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ravio11i

The Yeast Torturer
Reaction score
Well I've been lurking for a while and decided it was time to poke my head up. I've been a bit of a beer geek for a while, this past summer while renovating the basement I built a kegorator with the intention of starting brewing my own to put in it.

I've been brewing ciders for a while now and the swmbo likes them so the fact that'd i'd be more likely to do that if i could brew big batches and haveit on tap helped me sneak in kegging gear (2 kegs and 2 sets of disconnects) and some brewing gear (carboys, airlocks and the like). well then I needed things like a hydrometer and racking cane, bottle of starsan. Hmmm I should bottle some to share guess I need caps and a capper. and with tax return comming in a week or so I'll be getting the rest of the gear for AG brewing, gonna build a keggle, Ice-chest mash tun, turkey burner etc.

I've helped a few friends with extract brews and another friend a few times with AG. Brewed my first beer (an AG pale ale) for the super-bowl, dry-hopped with centennials and it came out great. so currently on tap I've got the very last of that, an awsome spiced cider, and Michelobe's "Winter Burbon Cask" which I think tastes like marshmallows.

I guess that's a pretty good intro, thanks for being awesome and I'll try to contribute myself.
Rav

Oh yeah my keyboard sucks and I don't always catch my typos, maybe I should look harder for those little red squiggles under words but it can be hard in a forum like tis whee spell check doesn't know half of the words we use...

Ag project is coming along, got my cooler and copper for the manifold but haven't finished putting it together, need to hit up fastenall for some big SS washers. Luckily I've got friends who are set up so I've been able to get a few batches done over there. Ive got a porter that I'm going to keg tomorrow hopefully, and an Apollo hopped IPA that should be ready in a week or so.

Nice well have to get a local group brew day going and tasting. I built a cpvc manifold and love how it came out. I wasnt wild for copper due to prices when cpvc does the same if not better and easier to work with.

welcome from another local! seems to be alot of homebrewers in the Rochester and Canandaigua area, I saw a HBT bumber sticker on a ford ranger on 104 in Irondiquiot on my way home from work-One of you guys?

Just did one last week. We would need 42 bags. Around 25 per bag 2 row and 38ish for specialties. You get a big amount of bags, I'll put the buy part of it together.

Back