Johnson Temp Control for freezer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jdauria

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I don't know if it was my 12 hour work day today, but having brain freeze. Used a Johnson Temp controller on my fridge to keep lager at 36 last time I brewed, worked fine. Now I am hooking it to a full length freezer to primary ferment another lager.

Question I have is do I have to change the switches to a warming mode? With fridge I wanted it to cool to 36 and hold, with freezer I want it to warm to 48, so I am thinking I do have to "flip that switch"?

Thanks! Figured it was working when temp was warming up to set temp. 93 here in Boston area tomorrow, so have big Rubbermaid tote to put kettle in with 6 big bags of ice to help the wort chiller get the lager down to temp and then freezer backup if I cannot get to pitching temp.

That's what happens when home brew club decides in June that our October club comp will be an Oktoberfest...hot weather brewing, pain in the butt chilling!:)

Latest posts

Back