Jay Leno car show

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I lived near NBC for years, went to the same 7-11 as Jay in the am. He is so nice, several time he shared with me an explanation of the obscure cars he was driving. He once even offered to take me for a drive in an old Bugatti, stupid me was to "shy" to say yes. He loved to drive his Dusenbergs, too, what works of art!

Being a "tuner guy" as the kids call us nowadays, I like watching Jay Leno's Garage on youtube. Lots of cool stuff in his factory size garage. He has resto guys working for him too. I wish! Lots of cool iron in their.

I lived near NBC for years, went to the same 7-11 as Jay in the am. He is so nice, several time he shared with me an explanation of the obscure cars he was driving. He once even offered to take me for a drive in an old Bugatti, stupid me was to "shy" to say yes. He loved to drive his Dusenbergs, too, what works of art!

That would be AWESOME! Reminds me of the time someone offered to let me drive his '29 T-bucket dragster with 900 HP into his trailer. I declined and my friend drove it in instead. I have a picture of him sitting in that car with the biggest grin on his face!

Next day the 9" Ford rear end blew apart on trial runs before we showed up.

Seinfeld has a series that's fairly interesting about how he picks up people he knows in old or fancy cars and takes them out for coffee. I should get back to watching those again. Kind of cool.

Watched nearly every episode in his YouTube channel over the weekend. Got a real kick out of some of the obscure custom cars he has. My favorite though is the Cord 812 dressed 810. His appears to be a 1936 model 810, with the cosmetic upgrades to make it appear to be a 1937 model 812. The 810 was not supercharged, and did not have the side exhaust.

At the time there was not a definitive model year split designated between the two designs. Another but of trivia, the motor was manufactured by lycoming and shared many design elements with early helicopter engines.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Seinfeld also owns the #21 917 Steve's stand-in drove in the movie "Lemans". As for myself, I started working on cars some 51 years ago at my father's insistence.

Back