Jackie-Os Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Made my first trip down finally this last weekend. Loved the Jackie O's setup and bottle release!
Same here. Smooth event. Anyone else catch the spices in the Naja...I heard Ginger, Cayenne & Cardamom. Cinnamon maybe? Definitely could gt a hint of Indian spices, I'm assuming that's the cardamom.

Edit: Per RB, cardamom, cinnamon, star anise, cayenne, and palm sugar

Ginger was thrown out there at the Pub.

Last edited:
Bummed I missed the release this weekend, can't wait for the anniversary party in December!

Any thoughts on the beers released?

The "CSAsion Reserve" saison reminds me of a Side Project/Florence saison. Lemony, a little funky and tart with a soft sourness. It's nice and super drinkable!

Really liked the BA Batch 1000 barleywine and BA Naja, but CSAsion was the highlight of the weekend for a few of us.

Same here. Smooth event. Anyone else catch the spices in the Naja...I heard Ginger, Cayenne & Cardamom. Cinnamon maybe? Definitely could gt a hint of Indian spices, I'm assuming that's the cardamom.

Edit: Per RB, cardamom, cinnamon, star anise, cayenne, and palm sugar

Ginger was thrown out there at the Pub.

In addition to listed above, ginger, and vanilla bean

I am traveling for work to beaver Ohio on thursday and after work I am traveling back to columbus with a stop at Jackie O's. So what is good or suggest there and anything else I should know about Jackie O's?

I am traveling for work to beaver Ohio on thursday and after work I am traveling back to columbus with a stop at Jackie O's. So what is good or suggest there and anything else I should know about Jackie O's?
Bottles are sold only at the taproom at 25 Campbell Street which is open from 4-9, though I think you can show up any time after 11 if you only want bottles there. I like all of their bottles, but I'd especially recommend leaving with some of the Bourbon Black Maple if it's still available. Regular and Rum Barrel Oil of Aphrodite just got released there as well. Barrel-aged beers go for $11.99 with a six bottle limit and non-BA beers are $5.99 with a case limit.

The Public House opens at 11 and the BrewPub opens at 5 on Union Street. You might be able to find some of the beers put on draft from the recent release at one of those locations. You'll also often find at least a few exclusives that never see state distribution in any form as well, and I highly recommend grabbing a bite to eat there also if you have time.

Bottles are sold only at the taproom at 25 Campbell Street which is open from 4-9, though I think you can show up any time after 11 if you only want bottles there. I like all of their bottles, but I'd especially recommend leaving with some of the Bourbon Black Maple if it's still available. Regular and Rum Barrel Oil of Aphrodite just got released there as well. Barrel-aged beers go for $11.99 with a six bottle limit and non-BA beers are $5.99 with a case limit.

The Public House opens at 11 and the BrewPub opens at 5 on Union Street. You might be able to find some of the beers put on draft from the recent release at one of those locations. You'll also often find at least a few exclusives that never see state distribution in any form as well, and I highly recommend grabbing a bite to eat there also if you have time.

Thanks for the heads up, in my research i thought the taproom and brewpub were right next to each other. But I understand it the layout now. Just hoping some of those bottles last til thursday but excited for this trip.

Hey folks--a little off topic but for anyone going to the anniversary party in December who's entering the Upland sours lottery that's open right now, I can pick up anyone's Upland bottles and bring them to Jackie O's for you in December. I will be traveling through Indianapolis at the beginning of November on a work trip and have already told a bunch of friends I'll pick up their winnings so I don't mind doing this for anyone else who needs a trustee. Even if you already have a trustee, this would save you the cost of shipping. Not asking for anything in return, and I have plenty of trade references (including Jackie O's regulars) to attest I'm not going to steal your bottles or anything. Just message me privately if you're interested.

Already got my Hotel at OU Inn. Can't wait for this. It's going to be a blast. If any one has a Farewell My Friends bottle and open to trade it. Let me know. I'll make it worth your time and beer.

Three new berliner variants and a dozen + other sours on draft? Orange Oak re-release and three new sours? REAL BREAKFAST AGAIN? Yeaaaaaaah. See y'all there.
I've been anxiously awaiting word on the release and now the next two months are going to go by so slowly. Hope their corned beef hash is included as real breakfast.

Already got my Hotel at OU Inn. Can't wait for this. It's going to be a blast. If any one has a Farewell My Friends bottle and open to trade it. Let me know. I'll make it worth your time and beer.

I was about to message you then realized I have Token, not Farewell. I keep getting them confused.

I'm open to IP trades at this release too--still have a good bit of cellar cleaning to do. Have a fair number of older Jackie O's bottles for anyone looking to get stuff from releases they missed or whatever, among other things. Interested mostly in lambic or in a long list of random sours/saisons I haven't tried.

More importantly, is anyone going to organize a bottle share for this or have we all moved on to just doing smaller fragmented shares in our hotel rooms?

More importantly, is anyone going to organize a bottle share for this or have we all moved on to just doing smaller fragmented shares in our hotel rooms?
I believe beace mentioned on the other site before the June release that Bagel Street would be available for the anniversary, but I'm not sure if that's still the case.

i have one i would possibly trade, but not sure, message me and we will see if we can make something work.

Need a little help trying to talk my gf into going . She said "is there anything else to do there?" So basically I'm asking that to locals , any cool bars or restaurants, etc in the area???

Cheers and thanks

Need a little help trying to talk my gf into going . She said "is there anything else to do there?" So basically I'm asking that to locals , any cool bars or restaurants, etc in the area???

Cheers and thanks
yes, there are a few awesome restaurants and i'm not sure of the bar scene, but it's a college town so expect that type of atmosphere for the most part, there is also a cidery and you know chicks be loving them some apple ****

yes, there are a few awesome restaurants and i'm not sure of the bar scene, but it's a college town so expect that type of atmosphere for the most part, there is also a cidery and you know chicks be loving them some apple ****
Nice! Yeah they do! She loves sours so I thought this would sell itself but perhaps the 5+ hr drive isn't helping.

Is the bottle release run well? She has been put through numerous shitty kuhnhenn releases and is scarred...Thanks in advance

Nice! Yeah they do! She loves sours so I thought this would sell itself but perhaps the 5+ hr drive isn't helping.

Is the bottle release run well? She has been put through numerous shitty kuhnhenn releases and is scarred...Thanks in advance
Bottle release was exceptional last time. Nothing compared to kuhnhenn.

If the weather isn't ****, hocking hills is pretty awesome to check out if you've never been. Not to sure about athens itself though.

The Bottle Release is probably one of the smoothest bottles releases I've ever been to. Friday at 5 p.m Brad will open the doors to the Brewpub and hand a calendar date for each person. There's another side of the Brewpub that is already open to the public to try some beers and grab some grub. After the initial rush they leave the calendar dates behind the bar for later traffic to grab a date. The rest of the night you enjoy the crazy tap list that they have setup (worth the trip itself). Saturday they open the doors at 9 a.m and around 11 a.m. Brad talks about Jackie O's and the bottles that are being release and after that they call the calendar dates in order. Allocations are stated that morning. If there's anything left over after the initial run they'll repeat the process. Have some food and a beer while you wait for your bottles.

Used to be Cash only but as of the lastest release they accept most major credit cards.

lucille-bluth-celebration-gif.gif

If anybody will be there that somehow isn't into sours (not likely I know), please let me know. I can't make it until late Saturday afternoon (just going to enjoy the taps), but would love to set something up to score some of the bottles. First release I will miss in a while and I am bummed!

Latest posts

Back