I've noticed Northern Brewer changed their British Bitter recipe.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

F250

Reaction score
I brewed a batch of this a couple 3 months ago and really liked it so I ordered another kit and cooked it up yesterday. While going through the kits ingredients to make sure everything was in order I noticed the LME was Maris Otter, which makes sense but somehow seemed odd. Sure enough after I pulled out the recipe sheet I had saved from the first batch, I see they've switched from Golden Light LME to the Maris Otter.

This should be good I'd think, should be a little more authentic, but I'm slightly surprised they didn't mention it in the kit description. No biggie, but it'll be interesting to see what difference flavor wise it makes. :mug:

I also notice that if I purchase the ingredients separately, I can save $2.00 per batch.

Rick

I think they have recently introduced the Maris Otter LME, it was probably not our the last time you ordered.

Yeah, when they first released the Maris Otter LME, they subbed it into a bunch of their kits at the same time. I think there was a page or two in their catalog at the time announcing which had been switched. Or maybe it was just something on the website.

Regardless, it should be a switch for the better. I'm looking forward to finally having a bottle of my first batch using the Maris Otter LME. I used it in a robust porter and I've been chilling a bottle for a few days and I can hardly wait to taste it. Was planning on tasting it when I brew my next batch tomorrow, but I might have to try it tonight instead. (sorry for going :off:)

Latest posts

Back