I've got the Itis!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ScubaSteve

Reaction score
What with the new "stimulus" money coming, I figure I'll spend half responsibly and SWMBO and I will split the rest for things we want.

That being said, I've already got damn near everything I'd need, and some things in duplicate (like kegs and chillers). I'm getting an eye for another fridge. I already have a kegerator with 4 taps here:
9863-IMGP3053.JPG

You can also see the little freezer I have off to the side. It'll only fit one corny and no carboys. It was free and just keeps beer/soda cold. Worthless for homebrewing IMHO.

Here's my problem:

1. I gotta serve from this kegerator and can only hold 4 kegs (40F).
2. I need a place (most likely a chest freezer) to cellar other cornys/bottles that are aging and not being served (40-55F).
3. I would like to have a place to ferment 2 carboys/buckets at ale temps (65F).

I have a logistics problem here....how does everyone else ferment>age>serve in a streamlined and temp controlled fashion? I really don't want 3 fridges :(

Yeah, I've thought about that...but the thought of changing ice and dealing with condensation seems like a PITA.

Back