It's official, I'm having heart surgery on Feb 18th...wow, it's real now.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When you read this.. GET WELL SOON !!!

It's fitting he had surgery on president's day... 'cuz dealing with any health care item of this magnitude is gonna lead to the burning of a lot of dead presidents! :D

Revvy. I work as a Respiratory Therapist in a cardiac ICU. make sure you take deep breaths and cough no matter how much it hurts. 5-6 days is a pretty average stay in our hospital. get well soon

Well I'm in sicu still hooked up to a million lines chest tube and a pacemaker. I should get the chest tube out tonight or tomorrw. I can't move to the stepdown till my heart paces itself and they think it can run on its own. But they won't know for a couple days. But there's a chance I might need a pacemaker. Evidently some of the calcification from the valve is on the node. I just got this pacemaker bomb dropped on me as I was posting this.....I guess I could use some more prayers gang.

So here's a pic.

ForumRunner_20110222_201127.jpg

Well I'm in sicu still hooked up to a million lines chest tube and a pacemaker. I should get the chest tube out tonight or tomorrw. I can't move to the stepdown till my heart paces itself and they think it can run on its own. But they won't know for a couple days. But there's a chance I might need a pacemaker. Evidently some of the calcification from the valve is on the node. I just got this pacemaker bomb dropped on me as I was posting this.....I guess I could use some more prayers gang.

So here's a pic.

Looking good. I knew you wouldn't stay away long.

Glad to have you back.

Which one of those lines is supplying you with Pliney's nectar?

I just got this pacemaker bomb dropped on me as I was posting this.....I guess I could use some more prayers gang.

lookin good man! my brother ended up having to get a pacemaker from this surgery unexpectedly, just think of it as good insurance! those things will keep hearts ticking forever.

there is a good chance the swelling will go down in few days and you wont need the pacemaker any longer. good luck to you

Good to hear from you!

Glad to hear things are on the upswing. The pacemaker thing isn't a big deal: My grandfather had one for 30 years... he passed at 96 with the pacemaker still tickin'.

Keep us posted.

Revvy, you look great, bro! You'll be out of there in no time, buddy. You've been in the kid's nightly prayers and will stay there until you're completely recovered. Cheers.

DUDE!!! Already posting back on the forums??!?!? You sir, are a maniac!!!! I brewed up that old ale, dubbed The Reverend, on Monday, but haven't had a chance to post up the pics yet. I'll try to do that in the next couple of days if I can. Like I said, I'll send you a bottle when it's aged and your back to your drinking ways. Man, now I'm hoping it doesn't turn out crappy!!! Until then, take it easy and leave the noob posts to us! :)

WOW.....less than 36 hours after surgery ? Proves it. You're tougher than a bag of hammers ! Good to see you. You're on your way now.

Glad to hear you are on the mend. Wife had to have a pacemaker implanted last spring. It was a simple, quick procedure and it makes her heart behave itself. Keep doing what the medics tell ya to do!

glenn514:mug:

Well I just got told they're putting a paacemaker in this morning. I'm poed because they just cancelled my breakfast. Which is the only meal that doesn't suck. And the chest tube is still in so I'm pretty miserable. Grrrr.

Well I just got told they're putting a paacemaker in this morning. I'm poed because they just cancelled my breakfast. Which is the only meal that doesn't suck. And the chest tube is still in so I'm pretty miserable. Grrrr.

Well you can take comfort in the fact that everyone on HBT is rooting for you to make a full recovery. Seeing you are on the hop as it were, the brew I'll be doing on Sunday, I'll name Revvy's IPA.

Cheers man.

All the best to ya, Revvy! I know you are disappointed about it not being completely over yet, but you will feel soooooooo much better soon. You'll be glad you went through this, eventually. Meanwhile, we will all keep good vibes and prayers heading your way!

One word of caution...don't be too awfully fresh with the nurses. They have ways of getting you back that you can't begin to imagine! (and that's even with allowing for even your legendary...ahem..."creativity" ;-) )

Well I'm out of sicu and in a luxury suite of the cardio unit. I'm off o2 and just about everything else. Ill be here til Sunday or Monday. They're still messing with my sugar and with the pacemaker but evidently I'm doing fine.

ForumRunner_20110225_165049.jpg

Praying for a speedy and uncomplicated recovery for you Revvy!! glad to hear you're out of the The Cardio Unit and into general poplulation. Stay positive, we're all drinking for you! :D

Fantastic news my friend! I will keep you in my prayers for a while longer, at least til you are home and back to 100% again.

*EDIT* it would seem you werent really at 100% before, so I will keep praying til you get to 87%.

Make sure you grab a few of those complimentary "full service" sponge baths while your in there.

Well I'm out of sicu and in a luxury suite of the cardio unit. I'm off o2 and just about everything else. Ill be here til Sunday or Monday. They're still messing with my sugar and with the pacemaker but evidently I'm doing fine.
Revvy, they won't think you're healthy enough for discharge until you start hitting on the nurses. :D

Glad you made it through everything.

Hope you continue your speedy recovery. Watch out for anybody in a short white coat, those are the students. Usually know just enough to be dangerous!

Continued best wishes,
Brent

Revvy:

My involvement with AZ Beer Week has taken me from the forum for a bit, so I missed most of this. I'm glad you are on your way to recovery.

Back