It's like I won the Lottery!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jacksonbrown

Reaction score
Good things do come to those who wait. Today tickets went on sale for the Great Taste of the Midwest Beer Festival. Only 5000 tix are sold, all of which are on location at local bars and liquor stores only. I went to a local brew pub where there were 400 tix available. Got in line at 7:45 am, at 8:00 they opened their doors to allow people seating at their tables and bar (I didn't sit down until 9). At noon tickets went on sale. Four per customer, and I was #115 in line. Yikes!
They got to the table in front of us and said they had 25 left. Then the man with the clipboard came to our table. We asked if he was the Bad News Man and he replied, yes.
"We have three tickets left, and I believe you were the next in line." He was pointing at me. Hooray! I literally got the last three tickets available at our location. That's a pretty darn good feeling! All the waiting paid off.
Now I just have to wait three more months until the event.

So do want to give a certain person with a comma for an avatar one of those tickets? :D I try almost every year via mail but I never get picked.

Sorry, it's most definitely spoken for. My friends waited at another location, one with 600 tickets, and they ran out 15 people before them. It's tough! I realized for next year that I'll have to get there at 6 am if I want any kind of guarantee.

Luck bastage.

I'll just have to settle for the beer festival at Quivey's Grove.

Back