It's brew time

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KMKsuburbannoise

Reaction score
here in chicago it 35 degrees outside. It is raining, probably about to snow. We have winter weather warnings, but it's brew time. Got an Oktoberfest ready to go. Sanitizing in 20 minutes.

Now that's the spirit! Much better than the guy claiming his brew day was ruined.

sounds like our day tomorrow here in Oklahoma minus snow, plus 20-30mph winds. think we might try our first garage boil. leave garage door open about 1/2 way and a window or two open.

Everything worked out fine. Boiled in the garage. Temp was not an issue. Left the door slightly open and put a piece of wood in front of the burner incase there was a draft. It is fermenting in the basement at about 56 degrees. A little cold, but we will see what happens.

I am brewing as we speak and getting prepared for the Patriots to bury the Bears...gotta love brew days when football is on....

Fermenting at 56 is pretty low in the range for most ale yeast. If it gets stuck, it gets stuck!

P.S.: we turned the Bears game off, the Patriots were stomping them so hard. I didn't even check on the final score. Ouch.

Not a football fan and SWMBO was staying at her parents house yesterday, so I brewed too. Man was it cold. Good thing I had plenty of liquid heat.

Back