It's been a great couple days.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MedicMang

Reaction score
After a crazy whirlwind of a couple days, I have emerged a very happy man. I have been working part time at a fire dept near Athens. Some crazy crap happened which opened a full time position. They offered it to me. This means better pay, better hours, benifits, and obviously other great stuff that I wasn't getting as a part timer. So ya... Ultra stoked. This was yesterday when I found out.

I had given a resume to Jackie O's brewery in Athens a couple months ago. I wanted to make an eventual job transition since I can't fight fire forever and I have no wants to be a chief. I figured that this would be a great way to educate myself enough to go for that dream. After the interview, they said that they would be doing some hiring eventually but not yet. So today, I went and talked to the head brewer at Jackie O's again and THEY offered me a job in which I can work on the off days or after my shift at the station.

So it worked out perfectly. Money and benefits at the station while I learn the brewing biz at one of the best breweries in Ohio part time. I'm elated, to say the least. Great couple of days.

Sent from Cheese Doodle Land.

Awesome. I volunteer at the fire house learn about brewing reading HBT. Be sure to keep us in the loop with the stuff you learn. :)

Thanks everyone. Lots of hard work leading up to all of this. Started volunteering about 5 years ago. Started part time about a year and a half ago. I'm very excited to get the full time position. It's neat seeing others from this forum in public service. Working a midnight shift at the moment then doing live burn training in the morning. Excited but it'll be a long day.

I've also been seeking a brewing job for the last year, so it was great to hear that Jackie O's has been wanting to hire me for a couple months. It's just crazy that all of this hit in a two day span. Good shtuff.

Started today at Jackie O's! Washed, sanitized, and re-bunged kegs. Pretty sweet stuff, huh?

Latest posts

Back