It's Alive!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nobadays

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Brewed an American Hefeweizen yesterday. I collected 6.5 gallons of wort... for some reason I was able to pump off more clear wort after my whirlpool than usual. I was aiming for 5,75 gallons but kept pumping until I saw the break material start coming through the tubing.

I pitched an active 1.5L starter of WLP320 about noon yesterday and no activity by bedtime but got up this morning to an bubbling airlock. About 3 this afternoon I had a bit of Kruzen in the airlock and just came in to check on it at 8pm...WOW!

It was right at 67* when I pitched yesterday and set my room temp to 61* But with this active ferment it has stayed about 66*-67* I was hoping to ferment a little lower than that - around 62*-63* which is at the lower end of WLP320 but makes for nice a clove presence, then raise it up after 2-3 days to 67*-70* to bring out the banana... oh well. We will see how it does. Me thinks it will be delicious anyway!

Cheers!

Hefe.JPG

Well no atomic explosion but this morning it was WILD!! I didn't get any pictures but it was way worse! I went into clean up mode. I don't think I have ever had that much krausen before!

But yep...the beer will be really good!

Cheers!!

Back