It's a girl!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GilaMinumBeer

Half-fast Prattlarian
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
It's strange hearing the gender of our baby at 14 weeks but wow it makes things a bit easier to plan ahead.

We've already had two and still have much of the stuff from them. Much of it was gender neutral to begin with. So that is a relief.

And now the reality of this all is beginning to set in. I am in my 40's, and having a baby girl. wtf were we thinking? :D

Oh, and her name will be Amelie (Ahh-mel-ee) Elsa.

Wife an I are still talking about the middle name. Well, I am talking, she is ignoring. I want her middle name to be Aea (Aye-yah).

But our tradition has been that I choose the first name, and she chooses the second. so long as we both agree. A tradition she has established. I don't have any issue with teh name Elsa other than I prefer Aea.

That is fantastic! She'll have big brothers to protect her...and rough house with her! :)

Congrats and I love the name.

Congrats buddy! We are in the works to start trying for our second; building a new house, and settling down. I like the names too. Good luck with the debate though!:mug:

Congrats! Just be ready for a possible wild child being the 3rd one.

Ha. We are prepared for anything.

Kiernan is deeply loyal but distinctly argumentative. Confident in his opinions yet dramatically sensitive to others. He displays independence just so long as he knows someone he can depend on is nearby. He is shy around the unfamiliar and pushes attention of others in familiar situations.

Tristan is fiercely independent and yet amazingly social. He craves a social atmosphere but has no issues with singularity. He is also our chatterbox. the boys NEVER shuts up. Between talking and just noise in general you ALWAYS know where he is and what he is doing.

I am hoping Amelie will find a middle ground to balance them out.

Congrats! Our little Lillian is 8 weeks old today.
Prepare yourself though, the diaper change on little girls is much more, how shall I say, 'detail oriented' than little boys.
That, and being out numbered, you will have to go to a zone defense vs the man to man.

There is nothing better in life than a baby girl.

I'll say it straight to anyone's face.

Congratulations!

It's strange hearing the gender of our baby at 14 weeks but wow it makes things a bit easier to plan ahead.

We've already had two and still have much of the stuff from them. Much of it was gender neutral to begin with. So that is a relief.

And now the reality of this all is beginning to set in. I am in my 40's, and having a baby girl. wtf were we thinking? :D

Was it on purpose? Most people I know who have three, the last happened by mistake.

Oh, and her name will be Amelie (Ahh-mel-ee) Elsa.

Wife an I are still talking about the middle name. Well, I am talking, she is ignoring. I want her middle name to be Aea (Aye-yah).

But our tradition has been that I choose the first name, and she chooses the second. so long as we both agree. A tradition she has established. I don't have any issue with teh name Elsa other than I prefer Aea.

My7 year old wants me to call her Elsa. Careful there, other little girls will get jealous.

They say that you get girls when you "do it" early in a woman's cycle. We had one...tells me that more often as not, I was a day late & a dollar short! :D So out of 6 children, we have ONE daughter. Girls get smart quick, I dare say! Boy, could I tell some stories..,.some of which would make good Twilight Zone episodes! So my advice to you is to enjoy her while she's young, because at that point, daddy is GOD in the eyes of a little girl! Trust me on this one...:rockin:

Ha. We are prepared for anything.

Kiernan is deeply loyal but distinctly argumentative. Confident in his opinions yet dramatically sensitive to others. He displays independence just so long as he knows someone he can depend on is nearby. He is shy around the unfamiliar and pushes attention of others in familiar situations.

Tristan is fiercely independent and yet amazingly social. He craves a social atmosphere but has no issues with singularity. He is also our chatterbox. the boys NEVER shuts up. Between talking and just noise in general you ALWAYS know where he is and what he is doing.

I am hoping Amelie will find a middle ground to balance them out.

I'm trying to figure out which takes after you. Some of both of them, it sounds like!

Congrats to you & your Missus Gila! Hope everybody is & stays happy & healthy.
Regards, GF.

The celebration is over for now, in addition to indicating gender, prenatal testing has also indicated Trisomy 18, or Edwards disease, and our doctors seem to have drawn conclusions based on only this test. It is too soon to see anything on ultrasound and too soon for amniocentesis, so we haven't given up hope, but the physicians have already mentioned termination.

The celebration is over, for now, in addition to indicating gender prenatal testing has also indicated Trisomy 18, or Edwards disease, and our doctors seem to have drawn conclusions based on only this test. It is too soon to see anything on ultrasound and too soon for amniocentesis, so we haven't given up hope, but the physicians have already mentioned termination.

Sorry to hear that man. :( Hoping it's a false-positive.

Man... positive thoughts coming your way for all of you.

Hoping for a good outcome here.

:( That is an awful thing to hear. But take heart that most positive screen results turn out to be false positives.

http://www.trisomy18.org/site/PageServer?pagename=parents_afp

Because this is a screening test, only about 11% of those who receive a positive result for Trisomy 18 in the screen will actually have a pregnancy affected by Trisomy 18

Your doctors discussing termination based on what is 89% likely to be a false positive seems downright irresponsible to me. Don't lose heart.

Sorry to hear this. Our docs told us that those tests don't show an actual diagnosis, just the need for further testing. :)

Will be hoping and praying for your family.

Back