It keeps going and going...........

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

travlin

Reaction score
Hi all, I have a bit of a puzzler well at least to me it is, I brewed a budget Kolsch 6c mini mash on 9-27 pitched Mauribrew ale yeast 10g OG was 1.052 as i used a alcohol boost, All is from Austin home brew.. So today (10-11) 14 days later and now in second fermenter it is still bubbling away at approximately 25 seconds and the Hydrometer is down to 1.001
The beer is clearing and settling nicely and all looks well other than it seems to want to keep going and going and going.... I am not a total new b and have about 15 brews under my belt with no problems but is this out of the normal range?
Thanks for any advise, John

Off-gassing can be a potential cause of the airlock activity you're seeing, but it doesn't mean it's still fermenting. Airlock activity is not an effective way of determining fermentation activity; sample readings are the only accurate way.

However, I'd be more concerned with the 1.001 reading. That's awfully low for almost anything but a saison. How did the sample taste?

Well i tasted it and for a un-aged beer its quite good maybe a little dry with a little bitter but you can tell there is a good beer coming here..... So maybe its time to rack to my bottling bucket and go for it....

put those bottles somewhere sealed and where explosions won't mean soaked carpet in case it's infected...

Latest posts

Back