iSpindel Issues

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dr_Jeff

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I bought a couple of iSpindels a year or so ago while I was still working in Alaska, and they have been sitting in the box and I hadn't used them.

Fast forward, I got a Fermentrack box from @Thorrak (a great big thanks to @Thorrak for hooking a guy up with this cool device) and got Fermentrack setup and running, now I have something to connect the iSpindel devices to.
Well I always do a bunch of testing before committing any electronic project to my beers/brews to make sure all is going to go as planned/expected.
I was able to get them connected, calibration data entered and they were sitting on the counter reporting in.
I've changed the angles of both devices to check to see if they are recognizing the angles/simulated gravity and they do, so I would surmise that they are reporting correctly.
One reads the air temperature as to what I would expect it to be and the other is right at about 20 degrees high.
I moved the one in question into the kegerator so that it would be at a lower temperature and it still reads about 20 degrees higher than what I know the temperature to be.

I've done the factory reset of the device from the configuration screen, it is fully inserted into the tube and the battery has been charged.
I believe that they are running the current firmware.

Does anyone know what I need to do to the one in question to register the temperature correctly/accurately?

Any help will be appreciated.
Thx.

I bought a couple of iSpindels a year or so ago while I was still working in Alaska, and they have been sitting in the box and I hadn't used them.

Fast forward, I got a Fermentrack box from @Thorrak (a great big thanks to @Thorrak for hooking a guy up with this cool device) and got Fermentrack setup and running, now I have something to connect the iSpindel devices to.
Well I always do a bunch of testing before committing any electronic project to my beers/brews to make sure all is going to go as planned/expected.
I was able to get them connected, calibration data entered and they were sitting on the counter reporting in.
I've changed the angles of both devices to check to see if they are recognizing the angles/simulated gravity and they do, so I would surmise that they are reporting correctly.
One reads the air temperature as to what I would expect it to be and the other is right at about 20 degrees high.
I moved the one in question into the kegerator so that it would be at a lower temperature and it still reads about 20 degrees higher than what I know the temperature to be.

I've done the factory reset of the device from the configuration screen, it is fully inserted into the tube and the battery has been charged.
I believe that they are running the current firmware.

Does anyone know what I need to do to the one in question to register the temperature correctly/accurately?

Any help will be appreciated.
Thx.
a few options.
1) if the device is running the entire time the temperature will go up in the tube, for a correct reading of the temp it needs to go into sleep to cool down (at least 5min) between reads.
2) the temp sensor can be faulty and return the wrong value, they should be calibrated from factory. if you swap places is the readings the same?

Back