ISO (new) Sixpoint SEISon clone?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

natewv

Reaction score
I think this only came out this month and I had one at a joint in Baltimore the other day and absolutely loved it. I have for years felt the only good Hoppy Wheat on earth was FFF's Gumballhead, and I have also felt the perfect example of a Wit with some hop backbone and saisony spice/taste was Stillwater's Cellar Door.

To me this beer is the best of both worlds...just less wheat and less sage, respectively. :)

I've been brewing for a few years and have got OK at cloning a few things, but usually just take a recipe of a beer I like and fool around with it...as opposed to formulating a recipe from scratch which I am not very good at.

Any starting advice on this one?

From their blog post:

The Sixpoint Seison -our amber-hued saison hybrid.
This urban farmhouse ale complements Belgian saison yeast with bold hops and a backbone of hearty amber malt.

ABV 6.6% IBU 48 SRM 12.7

Saisons are vibrant, quenching and often funky farmhouse ales brewed during the winter months with the help of laborers who tilled the soil in the summer. Distinctively dry, and characterized by spicy, earthy notes, saisons slaked the thirst of farmhands during hot summer months, when clean water was in short supply.

The Sixpoint interpretation, “Seison,” retains the refreshing, lively qualities of these French and Belgian farmhouse ales. But since it is bursting with American and Australian hops, and made with a custom, part-Belgian part-American yeast blend, this brew is not a traditional saison—it’s more of a hybrid. The aroma is a blast of pine mellowed by honey-like sweetness and hints of spicy, earthy yeast character. Towards the bottom of your glass, as the beer starts to warm, citrus hop notes come alive, meeting spicy yeast esters.

The malt foundation of the Seison is also unique. After years of experimentation with saisons (and saison hybrids), one of our small-batch brews struck on a amber grain bill that provides the ideal subtle nuttiness to the beer, and uncommon depth of flavor. An Old World style meets the finest New Age ingredients, crafted through experimentation and spun by a Sixpoint Twist. Seison is the latest Sixpoint formulation, available on draft across our network.

Back