Is this chest freezer big enough for 2 cornies?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rook

Reaction score
http://seattle.craigslist.org/see/hsh/364705967.html

I'm wondering if this size of chest freezer is adequate enough to hold 2 cornies, a CO2 tank and all plubming pretty easily. I'd also like to keep other beers in there if there's extra room, but this will primarily be a kegerator.

Anyone know what normal dimensions inside need to be?

just be sure to chech the height. some models won't close unless you have a collar on them. i bought one from low's that looks similar. oh yeah, my 5# co2 tanks won't fit pon the compressor hump in the corner. that being said, i cacn put 3 kegs and fanangle the tanks in the middle.

I would second that - I have a Fridgedaire 7.2cu and it holds 3 easily. The compressor shelf on mine goes all the way across one side, which restricts the useable space. It looks like your shelf is smaller, which can only help. You might even fit four! The thing to do is measure the interior dimensions carefully. Standard corny kegs are 8.5" diameter, so you can work it out on paper once you know how much space there is available.

I can fit 4 cornies and a 15# co2 tank in mine. Now if i can get my co2 out , I can put 5 cornies in my 9.0 cubic from best buy for $250.00

I was at BB tonight looking at the 9 CF, but I really want the 14.8. That is until I see one and take measurements. The 9 will fit 6 cornie's and a tank or two.

That freezer is in Renton. That's where Jimi Hendrix, Kurt (I Swear I Don't Have A Gun) Cobain, are buried. I've been to Jimi's grave site and later found out KC is in the same field. I later found out that Bruce Lee is buried around there somewhere also.

Thanks guys for your answers. I have little room right now so I need to try to keep this small, but at the same time, I think this is a better answer than a sanyo, although I guess a Sanyo could ultimately sit nicely in our kitchen, style wise, if we get a bigger house someday.

Back