is this a good mash setup?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Crito

Reaction score
So, I got all stainless on the kettle screen, the other parts/2 piece valve (from the site sponsor bargain fittings).

I went to Wally-china and bought a igloo marine 40ish quart cooler. (Made in the usa, wow).

So, I see that I need to go to home depot and pick up a washer or two because the neck of 1.5 is too wide. Seems the cooler is thin at the drainage hole.

can anyone tell me of a pliers set that will be good to tighten everything? I already cut my thumb a little bit. a linky would be nice. (Yes, I have been drinking, it’s my Friday).

Did you get this worked out? Here is a picture of mine.

Let me know if you need any more.

Mine is water tight (after buying a few more washers from Homedepot (non-stailess but its on the outside.))

I am wanting to use it. I am on the waiting list for the rebel grain crusher / mill.

A fried of mine uses a bread roller like you would use for pie crusts or sugar cookies. He does this and has consistenly good luck.

Also - your local home brew store may offer the grinding for free. Mine does.

Good luck.

Latest posts

Back