Is this a good deal???

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

daveooph131

Reaction score
I found on craigslist for $45 Homebrew Beer Keg C02 Setup. I called it comes witha 5 gallon keg, regulator, co2 tank and hosing (though the hosing may need to be replaced).

Should I go for this? I have my first batch about ready to be bottled/kegged, but have not decided which route to go. Thanks.

Seems like a good enough deal. Just be sure the keg still holds pressure, and find out how big the co2 tank is. Either way I'd go for it cause it'll probably be gone tomorrow! You can always buy a new co2 tank if it's too small...

I asked if it all works and he said yes...However, how can I check if the keg still holds pressure while at this dudes house? Do you think I should just bottle first then get into the kegging?

buy it now and don't worry, keg alone is $40 at the LHBS, co2 and regulator are $150 for a 5lb and new regulator. Just get it and don't worry about it.

The regulator and co2 tank are worth the $45, no matter what size the tank is.

It's usually a good idea to bottle first, then move into kegging...sort of a right of passage you could say. However I still say you should get this as it's a really good deal. Even if you don't have it setup for your first few brews you'll be glad you bought it when you do get around to using it.

Back