Is there no such thing as premium bottling equipment?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So it only ships with one gasket? That seems odd. I can probably use the gaskets that I have for the one I'm currently using.

Also, have you seen this one: http://www.northernbrewer.com/shop/...-favorite-bottling-spigot-for-bottling-bucket
It looks very similar (maybe the exact same?) at half the price. And I just read the reviews for the one you're using. Quite a few people have experienced some breakage / quality issues. I'm assuming this hasn't happened to you. Do you have any quality concerns on yours?

Arrrggg... I've gone from no choices to too many! Ha!

The spigot does look the same. My home brew shop sells the one I have for $2.95.

I only had a problem once, just a few weeks ago. Started leaking during a bottling session. I found I had reinstalled the spring upside down the after the last cleaning. (The bent spring end, crossing the spring, needs to be against the flat of the plunger tip.) No problem with the short tubing to the spigot. It is fused on. Would need to be cut to take it off. It stays on since there is no place for gunk to accumulate without seeing it and wiping it out.

Alright, I placed an order. I needed a couple of things for my Big Mouth Bubbler, and apparently they can ONLY be bought from Northern Brewer. So I got a couple of the spigots that look like the ones flars is using. And I got the wand that Yooper is using. I'll attach some 3/8 tubing (permenently?) to the wand and we'll see how my next bottling day goes next Saturday. I'll update here with the results.

Thanks to all who helped, and even those who messed with me with their multi hundred dollar suggestions! HBT rocks! :rockin:

Back