Is there a style of corny keg with a bigger mouth?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bluelaker

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
If the mouth of a corny keg is bigger, a hand can reach the bottom completely without being cut by the edge of the mouth.

I can reach the bottom of a standard corny keg already. Helps to be tall and lanky.
It's tricky though - have to kinda thread the elbow in and back out - and I have had moments of panic thinking "This is the time I'm really stuck!" :oops:

Anyway...I've only seen corny kegs with even smaller lids than what became the standard lid. Doesn't seem to matter how large the keg is, either...

Cheers!

Are you trying to clean the bottom or something else? I know I can fit my arm inside a corny keg but I've never tried to reach the bottom.

i've seen fermenters with keg QDs for closed transfers? wouldn't see why you couldn't use one for serving?

I have a friend who is a ball lock keg manufacturer,I know they are developing a ball lock keg with bigger lid,
maybe this unique keg will be welcome by the guys with strong arms:) :D

I have a friend who is a ball lock keg manufacturer,I know they are developing a ball lock keg with bigger lid,
well if they make a 10 gallon version, that i can still fit 3 of in my fridge, i'll buy a few!

You should talk with your friend and see if you can get a few "samples" to evaluate and test.
I'd also ask about seconds, that might be scratched on the outside or have cosmetic blemishes.

Latest posts

Back