Is there a Pittsburgh bulk grain buy?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bja

Reaction score
I see all these grain buy threads but none close to my area. I'm feeling left out.

there isn't but there should be!!! I'd be down if I didn't purchase 6 sacks this past spring (with my bonus $$). So I'm probably good for now...if you PM me your info and what you proposing, I can recruit a bit...can't promise anything soon but future for certain.:rockin:

North Country Malt Supply...I learned the hard way that in order to ship freight, I'd have to buy 7+ sacks of malt and have it delivered to a commercial address. As it were, I paid roughly $58 per sack, but I got a wider variety of grain in that quantity than was available at the LHBS.

I got one of each: Golden Promise, Marris Otter, Vienna, Munich, Pilsner, and Pale malts. If you're just looking for a base malt and can get into town easily, try South Hills Brewing Supply or Country Wines (same owners, sister stores). They sell a full sack to you if they have (not divided out yet).

Latest posts

Back