Is the Imperial Yeast A09 Pub really the Fullers Strain?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Fuller's went from a "typical" British 3-strain to a single strain when they moved to conicals in the 1970s, and that's what they've used for production and for bottle conditioning ever since.

Thanks, as always, for the straight dope! Your posts are always time well spent. They're not just informative, they're pleasant to read. You're a good writer.

Again, thank you.

Also i talked to Alision of brewlab and will try their TV III yeast.

Alison's great, although Brewlab have been a bit funny about supplying homebrewers in recent years - I guess it's still fairly quiet for them due to Covid and the time of year so they'll be OK, at one point they tried to offload all their homebrew supplies to the new Hop & Grape but I suspect that's not really worked out for them.

Make the most of it if they are taking homebrew orders - they won't directly link yeast to the brewery, but if you say you are trying to clone something, they will usually have something suitable - in the case of Black Sheep the yeast will be labelled HH, and by coincidence Black Sheep got their yeast and squares from Hardy & Hanson. They're particularly strong on the northern British yeasts which are underrepresented in the US yeast labs - something like CC is fun, as cire can confirm....

Alison's great, although Brewlab have been a bit funny about supplying homebrewers in recent years - I guess it's still fairly quiet for them due to Covid and the time of year so they'll be OK, at one point they tried to offload all their homebrew supplies to the new Hop & Grape but I suspect that's not really worked out for them.

Make the most of it if they are taking homebrew orders - they won't directly link yeast to the brewery, but if you say you are trying to clone something, they will usually have something suitable - in the case of Black Sheep the yeast will be labelled HH, and by coincidence Black Sheep got their yeast and squares from Hardy & Hanson. They're particularly strong on the northern British yeasts which are underrepresented in the US yeast labs - something like CC is fun, as cire can confirm....

So i dont konw but it seems there was just not enough vital yeast in those 1845 bottles. i started with a mini starter as allways but since 2 days its not doing anything. I give it another 2 days and then i would make a new Thread to ask if somebody had more sucess and could send me some over :D

Back