Is my keezer salvagable?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mark_tries_brewing

Reaction score
While away for an extended period of time it seems by keezer has malfunctioned. I had it set for around 2C but when I came home it was sitting around 9C and running continuously. I opened it to find a large, solid block of ice (18" long maybe 3-4" tall and sticking 2-4" off the side and into the freezer). I then removed the ice and turned of the STC so the compressor could rest. After a while I turned the STC back on and the keezer was around 13C and once on went down less than .5C and stayed there. I unplugged it again, temp rose to 20C, turned it back on overnight, and this morning it was still at 19C. It is currently unplugged with me hoping if I leave it longer before turning it back on that something different will happen. Is there anything else I should do if that doesn't do the trick? It's a really old freezer so I am thinking it's done for but I was hoping someone here might have an idea. Thank you very much.

When it's off for a while, do you hear any gurgling once you turn it back on? Have you tried it without the STC?

Back