Is my batch going to work??

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Psymon

Reaction score
I have just made my first batch of home brew but the instructions told me to sprinkle the yeast over the top of the wort and quicly close the lid. There was no mention of stirring the yeast and i have since noticed that seems like what you should do.

Will my brew be ok?

It has only been 12 hours since i made it and it hasnt been bubbling through the airlock but the water is all in one side of it now.

Thanks!

Yes, your beer will be okay. It takes a while for the yeast to hydrate, reproduce, and get busy eating sugars. Keep reading and you will find lots of good tips that are better than the instructions that come with most kits. :)

Welcome to HBT!

I just sprinkle my yeast on top out of sheer laziness. It eliminates yet another step in the process. I used to rehydrate my dry yeast, but sprinkling works great! I have not had any problems with this method, and I used it on my last 5 extract brews and my first 3 AG brews.

I sprinkle the yeast on top. It works great.

You may want to aerate before sprinkling the yeast on top. Just splash some air bubbles into the wort and sprinkle the yeast on top of the foam. The yeast like the oxygen.

Thanks everyone, its now been 20 hours since I added all the ingredients and my airlock is now bubbling away nicely. Thanks for all the replys!

Im really enjoying the experience, this could be addictive!

Cheers :mug:

I

Important correction made below
|
|
V

Im really enjoying the experience, this will be addictive and I will spend every second of freetime and every free dime in my bank account on the obsession

Cheers :mug:

I

That looks better.

Back