Is it too high?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Travisbrew

Reaction score
I accidentally let my Imperial Amber sit at 76 for about 13 hours today by accident. This is the 13th day its been in the primary, and It's currently working its way back down to 70 and under temps. Will this affect my beer you think? Im extremely worried considering I dumped about 60 bucks into this beer.

If its already in the primary for 13 days, most of the very active fermentation has already occurred and now the yeast is just kinda cleaning things up, I wouldn't worry about as off flavors would have been produced sometime during the first week of vigorous activity.

Just get the temps back down, give it a little more time, check gravity and enjoy your beer!

Temperature is most detrimental during active fermentation (during the first few days). at day 13, there might be some effect, but very little. i doubt you will be able to notice

i wouldn't worry about it. I'm sure it will be just fine

Relax, don't worry, have a homebrew

Im sorry I just gave you guys the wrong days, its actually been sitting at around 6 tomorrow will be 7 days. Will it still be ok?

Less OK than if it was day 13, but I imagine most of the fermentation had been completed and it was on its way back down. You may get some off flavors, but it also depends on where you started fermentation at?

fermentation started at 70 and has been there since today, sometimes it will even get to 68-67.

Back