Is it Ruined!!- Lager

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

glick

Reaction score
Hello all… I have a lager (Munich Dunkel) that has been happily fermenting in my chest freezer at 50 degrees F for the last three days. Well, I came home this afternoon and it was chugging along at 62 degrees F. I'm not sure what caused my temp controller to increase the temp, but it is now back on it's way down. So, my question is… is it ruined? The last time that I know the temp was 50 was around 9 last night.

Yes. Send it to me for proper disposal!

You'll be fine. Call it an early dyacital rest. :)

RAHAHB

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

HAHA!!! I know the mantra. I am new to lagers, but not new to home brewing in general. I just wasn't sure if there would be off flavors produced that wouldn't lager out because fermentation was and is still going strong.

After a few days, if you've had strong fermentation to that point, the off flavors are less likely. Not much to do in any case, it is maybe not going to be "perfect" but it will be far from ruined.

After a few days, if you've had strong fermentation to that point, the off flavors are less likely. Not much to do in any case, it is maybe not going to be "perfect" but it will be far from ruined.

I appreciate it!

Same thing happened to me once. Lagered for 6 weeks and it turned out great! The beer will be fine!

Just as I'm sure you found out about brewing beer in general, the same holds true for lagers, there is no voo doo to it!

Thanks everyone. I pulled a hydro sample today and it tasted fine. No off flavors that I could detect. It will be beer!!

Latest posts

Back