Is it possible that my polling place is in some guy's garage?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RogerMcAllen

Reaction score
So I just looked at my voter registration card and the address is:
John Doe Garage
221 Residential St

There is no other Residential street in the whole city, and the address is a real address a couple houses down the street.

Is it actually possible that my polling place is in John Doe's garage down the block?

Yes, this is common in areas where there aren't any nearby schools or similar spaces. Most districts try to keep travel distances to a polling place minimized.

Good to know.

I was just really confused considering there is a school 1/2 mile away, a university 1 mile away, and a park district building 1 mile away, all of which are polling places.

All I know is I don't want some clown taking my ballot in his garage where he makes homebrew or something.

Where I once lived, our polling place was in the buffet room of a BBQ restaurant. :)

I would think that schools would not want to participate as polling places due to security issues.

I've NEVER heard of this in Michigan though...I'd be really nervous. Just make sure there's no odd hooks, pullies and chains hanging from the rafters.

Bring_Out_the_Gimp_by_The_Russian.jpg

Or no banjo music playing.

In the time it took you to post this and get a response, you could have walked down the street a couple houses and seen if there were other people there and if there are polling stations :drunk:.

Back