Is it possible that my beer..

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dirt101

Reaction score
can taste so good so soon...!!

Well this is only my second brew but I had to post this..I brewed a simple English Bitter (extract/specialty grain) on Wednesday, I just took a hydrometer reading and its at 1.012 and I cant believe how good it tastes compared to my first brew..a Brewers Best English Brown Ale which I didnt do anything to control the ferm temps on. This beer has only been in primary for 4 days and already tastes great!! I put the bucket in a water bath in my 65 degree basement and used the large frozen blue cooler things to regulate the temp if it got up near 68 or so..and the temps stayed a consistent 64-66 degrees, it worked great.

Just thought Id pass this on to someone just starting out, the swamp coolers work well. Also downloaded my free trial of Beersmith and wow, what a cool program. Seems im done buying kits already, it makes it so easy to tweak your own recipes, convert to extract..etc..

Yes. Yes it is.

Congrats! You've come so far in so little time!

Yes, malts and hops are important, but yeast literally MAKES the beer! Treat it right and it will treat you right.

Kudos for ditching the kits. I personaly use ProMash, but would recommend trying BeerSmith, Promash, BeerToolsPro, and any other free trials before settling in.

I only did 2 kits and moved on as well. its way more satisfying. I mostly do half mash now, I tried some AG but I didnt have the right equiptment for it. so 2 of 5 batches were good, I went back to half mash again and have stayed there since I get good results and its only a 3 hr brew day. But I still buy a kit every so often. when im feeling lazy

Back