Is it ok to drink after 5 days?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tnn

Reaction score
I know it'd have a sharp or bitter taste but I want a low-Alcohol content wine
is it OK or safe?

If you really, REALLY must, yes it is safe. Is it gonna be its best? Absolutely not. Is it even guaranteed to be good? Not really. But if it fermented and you're certain of it, yes, you can drink it. There are plenty of us beer-types who have had our share of uncarbonated, half-fermented wort because we "needed a gravity test." :mug:

If you want to make a low content wine, it may be better to just start with a low OG and follow the normal process.

If you want a sweet, low content wine, take some SG readings over the first few days. When it is getting close to your desired content, cold crash, rack and stabilize. You'll be fighting to stabilize it with so much food for the yeast left over I'm sure, but a few rackings and stabilizing could do it. Of course the benefit to this is you can get the final product more clear to avoid the yeast flavor that I have usually found unpallatable.

Back