Is $3k fair for designing a website like this?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I started (and since sold) a company that built websites. I've been out of the biz for a couple of years, but I'd say that $3k is about right for a site like that.

Soulive said:
We were quoted $3k for something similar to this. The IT company's service and support is very, very good...

http://rsg.stickyit.com/

Slick site. Seems like a fair price to do something along those lines. Does your quote include the cost of stock photography? Usage fees can range from $10 to tens of thousands and may not be included in the base development costs. Stock photography, music, custom product shots (if you don't have them) and other outside costs are often not included in the base estimate. You just need to budget for them if your site is going to use any of those things.

Chad said:
Slick site. Seems like a fair price to do something along those lines. Does your quote include the cost of stock photography? Usage fees can range from $10 to tens of thousands and may not be included in the base development costs. Stock photography, music, custom product shots (if you don't have them) and other outside costs are often not included in the base estimate. You just need to budget for them if your site is going to use any of those things.

Yeah it includes photos. I figured the price was fair but don't have much experience...

What about content management. You are likely going to need to make changes to your sites content. Do they provide a content management system, or will you have to pay them anytime that you need to make a change?

Having a job on the side doing web site development, I can say that is in the range of what I would charge for a similar job, depending on the number of pages, etc.

Back