Irish Draught

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

electricbucky

Reaction score
I brewed this yesterday OG is 1.045 sitting at 66 deg. F Just a bubbling away.
Now to wait 4 weeks and bottle. It looks darker than what I thought.

Irish Draught.jpg

Is that the Irish draught kit from northern brewer? I've been wanting to try that one, let us know how it turns out. Also with the volume of beer in the fermenter it will look a lot darker than when you pour a glass of it. :mug:

Wow..... Looks so pretty in that big mouth bubbler!!!! Let us know how it turns out. I put a Big Mouth and a 60L Speidel on my wish list for Sexy Santa!!!!! Hope She doesn't hold to tight to that Naughty or Nice thing!!!!

This Irish Draught has been fermenting for almost 4 weeks now OG was 1.045 I took a reading on Saturday and SG was 1.012 I still have like a 1/2 of krausen or floating yeast has not dropped and my air lock is still bubbling. This Saturday I was going to bottle but not sure now with it still bubbling I will take another SG reading then. Any thoughts would be nice.

Thank You

Bucky, Id say your finished. Any bubbling at 4 weeks would only be the beer offgassing residual CO2.
Your clear to bottle as far as what id do.. wait a few weeks.. then fridge and enjoy..

Back