Irish ale yeast

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Willbrew

Reaction score
So i have a porter in my ferment cooler now and so far all seems well but my big question is i noticed on the liquid yeast pack as im pitching that it says to make a starter and incubate at 70 to 75 for one to two days. Will not doing that affect my beer in the long run. Its showing signs of activity and this is day 2.

Maybe. What was your OG? I just made a dry stout @ 1.058 with 1084 that didn't have a starter. Tastes fine to me!

Every time i see something on the subject its almost always said that if OG is above 1.050-1.055 you should but i never have. I like my beer the way it is. I did do it on an ipa though that was at 1.078

My OG was 1.065 which i was excited to see and i checked the fermentation tonite and there is about a one inch head on it. Super excited this is my second batch ever and it was all grain cant wait

Back