iOS app to help you figure out what to brew

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jamesnsw

Reaction score
Hi-

I made an app for homebrewers to help you decide What To Brew. It can suggest styles in season to drink or brew, and has the BJCP style included. Once you choose what you want, it can take you to recipes or kits.

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/what-to-brew/id503633370

I'd love to hear what you think, hear any suggestions or critiques you have.

Thanks to my beta testers from this board who watched this app go from crap to... well, hopefully better than crap (I think it's pretty sweet).

Also, can a moderator weigh in whether I can post some promo codes?

Thanks!
James

Looks cool. Is there a way to input my inventory so that your app can suggest a beer based off of my ingredients on hand?

Thanks, remthewanderer. I don't have that feature in the app. It may come in future versions, but my guess is that will be fall at the earliest, if ever. Right now, it's random, but you can filter it based on what is in season to drink and brew.

Thanks!

Nice app. What are the recommendations based on? It recommends brewing lagers now, but it seems easier form many people to brew a lager in the winter. Is it based in taste?

Thanks!

Thanks!

It's based on a variety of things. Some when it's traditional to brew them. Some, like the lagers that are suggested right now, are based on when to brew them in order to drink them in the hottest months of the year.

That's a good suggestion though- I may tweak these lagers in future updates.
Thanks!

Latest posts

Back